1-855-654-6735 NJ Hopeline
Suicide Warning Signs
Suicide is never the answer. You may not believe it now, but the way you’re feeling will change.These signs may mean someone is at risk for suicide. Risk is greater if a behavior is new or has increased and if it seems related to a painful event, loss or change.
- Talking about wanting to die, “wishing” one were dead or making statements about killing oneself.
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
- Talking about being a burden to others.
- Talking about feeling worthless.
- Increasing one’s use of alcohol or drugs.
- Appearing anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly with little regard to one’s future safety.
- Exploring ways to kill oneself, such as searching for methods online or buying a gun.
- Changes in one’s sleeping habits.
- Becoming withdrawn, reserved or isolated.
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge.
- Displaying extreme mood swings.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, please call us at 1-855-NJ-HOPELINE (1-855-654-6735)
Dial 1-855-NJ-HOPELINE (654-6735)
Need someone to talk to? We are only a phone call away. Our specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you.
Chats are anonymous and confidential.
Text us 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org